Learn to become a world-class speaker
For those who truly master the art of TED style speaking, we have put together a comprehensive training programme that takes you step by step through everything you need to know about how to write, remember and deliver your TED style speech
What’s it good for:
This course is great if you’re actually delivering a TED or TEDx talk, but the benefits go much further. People have used our TED course for:
- Designing jaw-dropping conference speeches
- Giving highly persuasive, powerful sales pitches
- Bringing more bravery, emotion and humanity to a talk
- Swapping nerves and anxiety for deep confidence in all public speaking scenarios
- Spotting an idea that goes on to become an entire business or best-selling book
- Upping their game to become a more visible and impressive speaker
- Waking up a tired industry with a presentation that wows
- Knowing that they’ve got some incredible content in their back pocket so that any time they’re asked to talk they can grab the opportunity with both hands.
Learning directly from TED talks expert Sarah Lloyd-Hughes, you will follow a tutored pathway that takes you step-by-step through the process of designing and delivering your world-class TED style speech, talk or presentation
What you get:
- A Complete Walk- through. Work through and design your TED style talk from very the start to the end. Learn every step of the way what to say to engage your audience.
- Develop a World-Class ‘idea worth spreading’. Brilliant TED talks come from brilliant ideas. I’ll show you how to find yours.
- Have maximum impact as a speaker. You’ll learn how to design a structure that wows the audience in the right moment.
- How to create an audience buzz. If you want to be the speaker everyone talks about afterwards, I’ll show you exactly how to do that.
- Bring your personality to your talk. A flexible method that turns out a unique and personality-filled talk each time.
- A simple, easy and powerful method. You’ll get simple and powerful advice that anyone can implement.
- Become a confident speaker. You’ll learn how to overcome the nerves and develop a public speaking style that suits you and wows your audience.
- Remember your talk with no notes. 95% of TED speakers use no notes when they’re speaking. And using our simple method you can do the same. Yes, really!
Why take the Complete Online TED course?
- It works. We’ve coached hundreds of TEDx and TED style speakers using these very methods.
- Here are some of our favourite TED Talks that have directly come from working with Ginger and the very methods I’m going to teach you: Yang May, Lou Lebentz, Laura Bates, Sarah Hyndman.
- I’ve done a TEDx Talk myself, so I know what it’s like to go through the process of designing and delivering the talk of your life.
- Methods that are based on the ‘Hero’s Journey’ from Joseph Campbell; this work is not just plucked out of my head, it’s based on extensive study and analysis of the rhythm and flow of great stories, applied in a simple way to speech making.
- Backed by science; all of my methods are based on academic research from neuroscience, psychology and learning theory. This means that you’re getting top quality information
- Online training that actually engages; So much online training is thrown together in a dry and uninspiring way. Well, as a trainer of inspiring public speaking I’m really aware of how visual aids, stories and great structure impact an audience, so you’re going to get all of that from this course.
- Step-by-step tasks; This course is designed for you to work through at your own pace, with built-in exercises along the way that help you put together your talk.
- World Class Speech Making
The TED Commandments & The Hero’s Journey method for designing your talk
- Finding the focus for your talk
How to discover the idea worth spreading hidden in all your experience
- Starting your Talk
Precisely where to start and how to kick off with power.
- Building your talk
Developing contrasts and stories to make the audience listen to every single work
- Key words, themes and dramatic energy
How to make sure your audience rave about your speech afterwards.
- Ending your Talk
How to driving home your key message and create action in the crowd.
- Creating memorable moments that your audience will pass on
Visual aids, vivid stories and creating the ‘wow’.
- Connecting with your audience
Speaking with no notes and winning over the audience
- Personal Power
Nerve-free speaking in the big moment
- TED Talk Classics
Lessons from some of the most popular TED Talks.
Questions & Concerns
‘But I don’t have a topic’
Don’t worry if you don’t know the topic of your TED style talk, that’s exactly what this course is for! We’ll show you how to take all of your experience and knowledge and select the very best gem of an idea to centre your talk around.
‘I don’t have much time’
If you’re like most speakers we work with, you want to do a world-class job with your speaking, but are pushed for time in all corners of your work. Of course it will take time to listen to and absorb this work, so if you don’t have 10 hours to spare, then don’t buy this course! But think of how much time you’ll save later – once you know you can write world-class speeches it gets easier to do and has greater impact each time.
‘I’m not sure I can afford it’
If you look at the price below you’ll see that this course offers incredible value for what you’re getting; training that will directly walk you through the process to writing and delivering world-class speaking. That’s world-class speaking, not just an ‘ok talk’. Think about how much that will benefit your career or your business. Just deliver your speech one time and you’ll already have the cost of your course fees covered. Now multiply these techniques over weeks, months and years and it’s incredible value.
With other speakers around you upping their game, the question really is – can you afford not to invest in your speaking skills?
‘I’m not confident enough to be a TED Speaker’
Many speakers who deliver TED talks are low in confidence at the start of the process. That’s ok. Through this course we’ll give you four important types of confidence: the confidence you get from knowing what’s expected of TED speakers; the confidence that you know exactly how to put together a brilliant talk; confidence in your memory and the confidence to be a powerful and memorable speaker.
‘I’m an introvert – can I be a world-class TED speaker?’
There’s a myth that to be a great public speaker you need to be extravert. I’ve trained thousands of speakers and I see absolutely no link between extraversion and good speaking. In fact, introverts can often be the very best speakers because they use their reflective powers to create great content.
Thank you just isn't a big enough phrase for this whole course. I started the process feeling like an amateur rummaging around with an idea, and I've ended it with a clear and professional statement that I can build on (and be mischievous with). And most excitingly this statement is mine to own which makes me the absolute expert every time I talk, no matter how big the audience. Wow.
I just arrived back from Vegas and wanted to thank you and let you know that my talks went very well. They ended up giving me another slot on Monday.
I used all the techniques I learned, and if I could judge the reaction I had in questions asked, people that came to our booth looking for me, and potential deals we engaged, it was a resounding success.
One of the other speaker even told me 'you're the coolest VP of Engineering I've ever met', which I am sure was due to the confidence I exhibited on stage.
Thank you for the exceptional training.
I’ve just delivered a TED talk – a long-standing dream of mine. I could not have done this without Ginger. From structuring my talk, to finding my confidence, Sarah has helped me to detangle all manner of mess and confusion to find the power in my message.
I was picked to end the entire TEDx event and although I was nervous before I went on stage, it went brilliantly well and dare I say I even enjoyed it.
And the most incredible thing - it was only the third time I have ever spoken on stage! Thank you, thank you, thank you Sarah and Team Ginger.
I am a trained trainer, Speaker at national conferences and a workshop leader, but despite my experience I learned huge amounts from working with Ginger.
I learned from how to inject power and impact into even a short talk, plus how to relate to the audience so that everyone can accept my message. Sarah and the Ginger team have quite remarkable skills as trainers, it was a truly high-impact course.
Before the TED Talker programme I was a mixed, hesitant speaker with less confidence than I would have liked. The programme had a great energy, very positive. As a result of the course I’ve learned that storytelling is a great addition to my speaking. I know how to structure my words so that people listen.
I now feel freer to be myself and have improved my pace and clarity of message. Since the course I have vastly improved my visibility within my field and have even been invited to host a conference – due in large part to my work with Ginger.
If bought separately, the 10 modules of this course total $600.
For a limited time only we are offering the entire course for just $297 – that’s half price the full price.
This price is only because we want as many people as possible to benefit from the full TED course, but we don’t know how long we’ll hold the price for.
Remember, that if you join this course you will:
- Learn how to become a world-class speaker that the audience talk about afterwards;
- Receive all the tools and guidance to write your TED Talk;
- Capture an idea worth spreading from all of your skills and experience;
- Declutter the chaos of writing a speech into a simple and powerful process;
- Learn exactly how to become like the very best TED speakers.
Who knows where it will take you… perhaps even to doing a TED talk.