A confidence building introduction to inspiring public speaking for speakers of all levels
Ginger’s classic public speaking workshop, the Foundations of Excellent Public Speaking gives the 360 degrees of the most important aspects of public speaking delivery; body language, vocal delivery and confidence.
A fast-paced and confidence boosting day, real change is seen between the start and the end of the day. Emphasis is put upon practice and feedback, with personal recommendations being given to every participant from the course trainer(s).
Customised options exist for this course – see below for more information.
- Nervous beginners and inexperienced public speakers.
- More experienced speakers who have never had any feedback on their impact.
- Speakers who have been given feedback about physical displays of nerves, or other counterproductive tendencies when speaking.
- Whole teams looking for a lively and productive team building day.
- Pitch teams looking to sharpen their communication skills.
- Mixed ability groups.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Strengthened their spoken word communication technique, whatever the public speaking scenario.
- Received detailed feedback about their speaking habits and how to have a more powerful impact when they speak.
- Learned how to use their body language to present with greater authority and connectivity.
- Removed body language and vocal habits that distract the audience from a message.
- Knowledge of how to engage and inspire an audience.
Our corporate public speaking training is a lively and authentic affair, that may not suit every corporate climate. You can expect Ginger’s Corporate Foundations of Excellent Public Speaking Course to;
Add a little spice:
our trainers use personality and high energy activities to engage and inspire their delegates
Encourage the real speaker out:
Unlike more formulaic courses, we can cope with the complexity that comes from having different communicators with different personalities. We tickle the introvert, nurture the extravert and challenge all speaker types to go further and braver than they normally would.
Choice, not Rules:
Public speaking rules tend to make speakers more nervous rather than more natural and compelling. So we focus on developing awareness within each speaker, so that they can understand and consciously choose the impact they have on their audience.
A typical workshop plan for the Corporate Foundations Course looks like this:
- Introductions & warm up speaking activity
- Body Awareness:
- Discover whether your body language inspires or infuriates your audience
- 4 aspects of body language and how they impact an audience
- Handling Nerves:
- 4 key nervous habits of public speakers and how to overcome them
- Formal practice & feedback 1
- Vocal Delivery:
- Identify embarrassing vocal quirks and best practice
- 5 aspects to vocal delivery and how they impact an audience
- Practical exercises to illustrate learnings
- Formal practice & feedback 2
- Wrapup and action plan.
The following options are available at no extra cost:
- Tailoring the topic choice to fit your needs
- Emphasis of key messages for your company, so long as the material fits with the themes of the day.
We can also create a completely bespoke course for your organisation. Please let us know your requirements in the form to the right and we would be happy to put a quote together for you.
Great course, really valuable. Totally recommended!Andrew GreenhalghHead of Region, Surrey Satellite Technology
This course really pushed me outside of my comfort zone. Public speaking will no longer strike me with horror going forward and may even excite me!Jennifer CocoranCredit Agricole CIB
Trainers are outstanding and really transfer you their energy and love for public speaking! Thank you!David DecourtyeEngineer, Altran
In one day I went from being very nervous to being able to speak with confidence. It felt good to go out of my comfort zone.Louise DorrenTeam Manager, City & Guilds
In truth, I was little apprehensive – this sort of training can be very poor – I’m delighted with the change in my approach and levels of confidence after just one intervention.Vicki PapworthDevelopment Manager, Locality
About this course
- Length: 1 day.
- Designed for: All levels – from nervous beginners to experienced speakers seeking feedback on their speaking style.
- For how many? 6-40 participants
- CPD Points: 6
Ginger Training & Coaching is a Certified provider of CPD Accredited Training.
- Cost: Please enquire for a quote.
Discounts are available for SME, charity & public sector organisations.